- Commitment to the provision of primary care services for the underserved with demonstrated ability and sensitivity in working with a variety of people from low-income populations, with diverse educational, lifestyle, ethnic, and cultural origins.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive issues in a confidential, positive, and professional manner.
- Strong organizational, administrative, multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully organize and prioritize tasks with little to no oversight.
- Work effectively under pressure in a positive professional manner and to be flexible and adaptive to change while still providing superior customer service.
- Ability to effectively present information to others, including other employees, community partners, and vendors.
- Ability to seek direction/approval on essential matters, yet work independently with little onsite supervision, using professional judgment and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with a number of professionals with different work styles and support needs.
- Conduct oneself in internal and external settings in a way that reflects positively on LifeLong as an organization of professional, confident, and sensitive staff.
- Ability to see how one’s work intersects with that of other departments of LifeLong and that of other partner organizations.
- Ability to leverage knowledge/expertise/connections of other staff.
- Be creative and mature with a “can do” attitude proactive attitude and an ability to continuously “scan” the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for improvement.
- Strong attention to detail as well as above-average interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Communications, Training, Instructional Design, Human Resources or similar field of study.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Learning and Development or Corporate Training.
- Instructional design experience with a focus on Instructor-led, web-based and self-paced content both new course creation and existing course improvement.
- Experience with Soft Skills training and workshop facilitation (e.g. employee development courses, management training).
- Must possess a demonstrated ability and understanding of adult learning principles and learning methodology.
- Must be customer focused with strong execution skills and a results orientation, able to link organizational challenges and objectives with tactical execution and results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful.
- Professional presence.
- Strong customer service approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Certification in training particularly Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential.
- Experience with eLearning design programs.
- Healthcare experience and working with medically licensed staff.
- Experience with diverse employee populations and multi-location organizations.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Community Health or Non-profit experience.
- This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 16 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.