Clinical Program oversight and development
- Direct and supervise all clinical aspects of LifeLong Medical Care.
- Coordinate with clinical leadership for oversight of direct delivery of medical services at all sites.
- Partner with clinical leadership, departmental leads in behavioral health, geriatrics, and dental, as well as Planning Dept and other community and organizational thought leaders to conceptualize, plan, prioritize, integrate, and support ongoing clinical program development and priorities.
- Collaborate with LifeLong Psycho-Social Services Director to develop integrated behavioral health programs and assure continuity of care to patients.
- Oversee supervision of clinical teaching programs for medical students, residents, interns.
- Participate in and/or lead the agency Continuing Medical Education program, aligning clinician education with agency quality goals, programmatic priorities and initiatives.
- Advocate for improved medical care in the community.
- Ensure implementation of an on-call coverage system.
- Provide direct care to patients.
Partner with Quality Director to oversee Clinical CQI and Quality Assurance to:
- Develop and implement clinical quality assurance and improvement programs including the appropriate use of clinical technology,
- Develop policies and priorities to evolve the quality of clinical services into an organization wide of culture of quality and attainment of PCHH recognition,
- Integrate clinical aspects of risk management, compliance, claims review, and credentialing,
- Maintain a clinical peer review process,
- Formulate and review medical policies and procedures.
- Partner with Pharmacy Program Manager to oversee and integrate medication management programs
- Coordinate with other departments of LifeLong Medical Care to assure that medical records, laboratory records, triage, etc. are handled in an appropriate manner.
Personnel Management and Recruitment
- Responsible for clinical staffing at all LifeLong sites; works with site leadership and HR staff to post, review and interview candidates and allocate priorities in hiring.
- Work with Human Resources, executive and clinical leadership, including LCA, on provider recruitment and developing organizational systems of support to sustain and retain providers.
- Partners with operational and site leadership in decisions about appropriate staffing structure
- Develop and uphold clinician performance standards in conjunction with clinical leadership, QI, CAP, HR, executive and senior leadership.
- Oversee supervision of all clinical staff, including MD’s, NP’s, PA’s, and other medical professionals including podiatry and midwives.
- Direct supervision and/or mentoring of all Associate Medical Directors, the Medical Director for IT and the clinical leads for organization wide clinical programs and committees.
- Work with human resources to ensure that pool of temporary provider coverage is available.
- Assist with orientation and training of new medical staff to clinical services and program, department policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Participate in contract discussions with clinical service providers and clinical training programs sending students and fellows.
- Serve as part of organizational Executive and Senior Leadership Teams and the AMD/CD Leadership groups, and participate in the development of organizational strategic, financial, operational and clinical long term plans and priorities.
- Represent the clinical perspective and voice in day to day administrative dialogue on priorities and strategy.
- Represent LifeLong and its medical staff in the community, with the health plans, public health department, local hospitals, etc. and participate as an active member of the CHCN Medical Directors Committee.