Supporting Community Healthcare is a rewarding role. LifeLong Medical Care is looking for an Outreach Specialist/Case Manager for our East Bay Community Recovery Project (EBCRP). The Outreach Specialist/Case Manager will provide outreach on the streets and through other community agencies to identify homeless individuals seeking substance use treatment. The Outreach Specialist/Case Manager will conduct assessments, determine service needs and link those individuals to appropriate treatment, either at EBCRP or in the community. This position reports to the Holistic Health Program Manager. This will be a part time, 20 hours/week, benefited position.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 16 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.
1. Provide outreach on the streets and through community organizations to homeless individuals seeking substance use treatment.
2. Conduct client intakes, assessments and develop service plans.
3. Connect clients to appropriate treatment at EBCRP and/or in other community sites.
4. Provide case management services to address housing, medical and other related needs.
5. Provide HIV/Hep C education and prevention groups for clients; HIV/Hep C rapid testing capacity preferred.
6. Communicate with team members about the program/clients and problems or concerns.
7. Provide follow-up services for clients linked to other programs.
8. Maintain required documentation and develop service plans and help coordinate services for/with client within the service team and outside referral services.
9. Assure accuracy in test protocols and record keeping.
10. Participate in program development.
11. Advocate on behalf of consumers and promote self-advocacy.
12. Participate in agency, division and community committees and planning bodies, as appropriate.
13. Complete monthly and quarterly reports on services provided.
14. Other duties deemed necessary and appropriate by Program Manager.
1. Bachelor's Degree, with at least two years' experience; additional experience may substitute for the degree.
2. Experience in providing substance abuse assessment and outreach.
3. Certification as an Addiction Specialist and/or Registration with BBS as an Intern.
4. California State Certification in Rapid HIV/HEP C testing preferred.
5. Experience and skills in community outreach and networking.
6. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, to prioritize tasks and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, participants, co-workers and associates.
7. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms.
8. Computer literacy, including familiarity with standard software such as Microsoft Office.
9. Computer skills necessary to complete required documentation.
10. Valid California driver license, registration and car insurance.