Community healthcare is highly rewarding. If you love supporting access to healthcare come join a dynamic care team at LifeLong Medical Care. We have an exciting opportunity to work in our Berkeley Dental Office as a Dental Receptionist. Our office is located within walking distance from Ashby BART station.
This is a full-time benefited opportunity. The ideal candidate is professional, organized and possesses excellent customer skills with one year of medical office receptonist experience. Typical schedule is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday with periodic Tuesday evenings until 6:30 and Saturdays. Experience working with Dentrix and bilingual English/Spanish a plus!
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 10 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.
• Responsible for patient reception and client intake.
• Manages client flow from front desk to back office
• Answers clinic phones and directs calls appropriately.
• Performs eligibility enrollment, assistance and review.
• Verifies eligibility prior to dental visit.
• Maintains inventory of front desk supplies and forms.
• Sorts and distributes clinic mail.
• Performs computer data entry in registration, scheduling and other programs as assigned.
• Maintains appearance of waiting areas and reception desk.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Dental Manager.
• Commitment to the provision of primary care services for the underserved with demonstrated ability and sensitivity in working with a variety of people from low-income populations, with diverse educational, lifestyle, ethnic and cultural origins.
• Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills, and ability to be flexible and adaptive to change.
• Ability to seek direction/approval on essential matters, yet work independently with little onsite supervision, using professional judgment and diplomacy.
• Work in a team-oriented environment with a number of professionals with different work styles and support needs.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
• Conduct oneself in internal and external settings in a way that reflects positively on LifeLong Medical Care as an organization of professional, confident and sensitive staff.
• Ability to see how one’s work intersects with that of other departments of LifeLong Medical Care and that of other partner organizations.
• Make appropriate use of knowledge/ expertise/ connections of other staff.
• Be creative and mature with a “can do”, proactive attitude and an ability to continuously “scan” the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for improvement.
• High school diploma or GED.
• One year experience as a Dental Receptionist with scheduling, multi-line telephone and verification of eligibility experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
• Community health center experience.
• Bilingual English/Spanish; highly desirable.
• Dentrix experience.
• Experience and sensitivity working with low-income populations, substance users, HIV (AIDS) infected persons, and/or psychologically impaired persons.