Supporting Community Healthcare is a rewarding role. LifeLong Medical Care is looking for a Medical Assistant to work at our Berkeley Urgent Care site. This is a full-time benefited position working 40 hours per week Monday through Friday, 10 am - 6:30 pm. The ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills working with diverse populations and previous medical office work experience.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 10 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.
The Medical Assistant is part of a patient-centered care team composed of a clinical provider, medical assistant, and auxiliary staff providing urgent and primary care health services in a community health center setting. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting medical providers by completing basic clerical and clinical tasks utilizing Electronic Health Record systems.
Medical Office Maintenance
- High school diploma/equivalent and completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- Demonstrated proficiency with data entry and computer skills with standard office software (MS Office suite of products).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure in a positive, friendly manner.
- Experience and sensitivity working with low-income populations, substance users, HIV (AIDS) infected persons, and/or psychologically impaired persons.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the functions of financial eligibility, cashiering and telephone operation.
- NextGen experience
- 1 year experience in an Urgent Care setting
- Electronic Health Records and Electronic Practice Management systems experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English
- One of the following certifications (1) American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or (2) American Medical Technologists (AMT) or (3) California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants (CCMA)