LifeLong Medical Care is searching for a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to join our team at our West Berkeley location. PA/NP provides general Family Practice medical services in a Community Health Clinic setting. Duties include taking patient histories, performing examinations, making assessments and ordering lab work.
LifeLong Medical Care is a Federally Qualified Health Center in Northern California with over 42 years of dedicated service to the community. LifeLong provides comprehensive, compassionate care to over 60,000 patients in socio-economically underserved regions of the East Bay Area. We provide medical, dental, behavioral health, and school-based services at 20 sites across Oakland, Berkeley and West Contra Costa County.
Our mission is to provide high-quality health and social services to underserved people of all ages; create models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and families; and advocate for continuous improvements in the health of our communities. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2. Supports and/or participates in triage functions, both by phone and walk in
3. Functions potentially in a variety of settings including clinic, skilled nursing facilities, supportive housing sites, and in clients' homes
4. Participates as a member of the site clinical services team
5. Participates as an active member of LifeLong Clinicians Association and abides by its Code of Conduct.
6. Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience