We have a great Registered Nurse opportunity with a community based, primary care clinic serving an underserved patient population. LifeLong Medical Care’s Brookside Richmond Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing compassionate and innovative team-based care. The Brookside Richmond site offers Primary Health Care, Women’s Health Care including PreNatal Care, Pediatrics, and Behavioral Health. Our team pursues an integrated approach, which includes psychosocial services and care across a continuum of acuity. If you believe in comprehensive primary care for all, as well as in continuous quality improvement in outpatient care, this practice and leadership opportunity should appeal to you.
About LifeLong Medical Care: LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have 19 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits: medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, dependent and domestic partner coverage, 403(b) retirement savings plan and loan repayment program. To learn more about our health center, please see our website: www.lifelongmedical.org
LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal opportunity employer
• Provides appropriate nursing care, including assessment, triage, and referral, while emphasizing patient comfort and well-being.
• Coordinates medical care for primary care patients, initiates and follow up diagnostic tests, medical reports, referrals, and emergency care.
• Participates in quality assurance.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary team case management.
• Coordinates primary care clinic services with other providers and agencies.
• Provides well-documented, accurate and sensitive telephone and in-person drop-in advice, and well as health education and self-care instruction.
• Participates in community outreach and marketing activities by attending Health Fairs to promote the organization’s activities as needed.
• When requested, gives presentations on clinic services to interested organizations or civic groups.
• Commitment to the provision of services for the underserved with demonstrated ability and sensitivity in working with a variety of people from low-income populations, with diverse educational, lifestyle, ethnic and cultural origins.
• Ability to work effectively and calmly while prioritizing multiple work demands.
• Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills, and ability to be flexible and adaptive to change.
• Ability to effectively present information to others, including other employees, community partners and vendors.
• Ability to seek direction/approval from on essential matters, yet work independently with little onsite supervision, using professional judgment and diplomacy.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
• Conduct oneself in internal and external settings in a way that reflects positively on LifeLong Medical Care as an organization of professional, confident and sensitive staff.
• Ability to see how one’s work intersects with that of other departments of LifeLong Medical Care and that of other partner organizations.
• Make appropriate use of knowledge/ expertise/ connections of other staff.
• Be creative and mature with a “can do”, proactive attitude and an ability to continuously “scan” the environment, identifying and taking advantage of opportunities for improvement.
• Degree in Nursing
• Current and valid California Registered Nurse license and BLS
• Bilingual – Spanish/English
• Great Customer Service
• Electronic Health Records experience preferred